Splunk Search

select subset of hosts

BertKraan
Engager

Hello, splunk newbie here,

I have tens of servers named like abc01, abc02 .... abc20. Now i would like to search for events on a subset of these machines like for example only the abc18 and abc19. I'm trying searches like

index="prd_access" sourcetype="access:web:foo" earliest=-7d latest=now | regex "abc(18|19)"

This seems to work but how can i select data from everything except these "abc(18|19)" ?

host!="abc(18|19)"

doesn't seem to work..

Thanks in advance,

Bert

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you can try using following query

index="prd_access" sourcetype="access:web:foo" earliest=-7d latest=now | search NOT ("abc18" OR "abc19")

zeroactive
Path Finder

I would use the following:

index="prd_access" sourcetype="access:web:foo" earliest=-7d latest=now NOT host=abc18 NOT host=abc19

There's not a need to run a second search via the | operator, just go ahead and filter out those hosts in the first search command.

BertKraan
Engager

Will give it a try, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...