Splunk Search

rolling near-time results between 5 and 15 minutes?

dang
Path Finder

How do I add a relative time range to a search that will allow me to see data between 15 and 5 minutes ago (read: not quite "real time")? I can see in the splunk manager I can add a start time of -15m@m and an end time of -5m@m, but that only gives me one 10-minute window, and doesn't show continuous values over time.

Am I not formatting my timechart clause properly?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are looking for a 'real-time' search, meaning that while you watch the results, the 10 minute window is continually inching itself further along to keep up with real time, then you want to put "rt" in front of those timeranges:

rt-15m@m
rt-5m@m

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/User/RealtimeSearch

Of course this may not be what you're trying to do, but in that case I'm afraid I dont understand.

dang
Path Finder

I probably didn't want to use the phrase "real time" as it might confuse the issue. Here's the problem I'm trying to solve:

I've got a search which timecharts (with a span of 10min) the success rate of an event. Because data does not get processed instantaneously, I often get results greater than 100%. I'm thinking that if I look back just 5 minutes earlier, I might get more accurate results, without losing much in the way of seeing current data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...