Splunk Search

results greater then a stat's column

brandonpal
Explorer

Splunk big time NOOB here.

I'm trying to find IP's that are logging into our FTP server with more then one FTP User Name.

Here is my sarch string: index="ftp" client!="10...*" earliest=-24h | stats dc(FTPUser) by client | rename "dc(FTPUser)" AS "User"

The above works great and is showing me how many ftp accounts each ip is using.

Now I'd like to only see logins that are greater then 1. I tried adding | search FTPUser>1 but that does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

aelliott
Motivator
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Appending that search command would have worked if you had used the same field name as in the rename command 😛

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

| where User > 1

0 Karma

brandonpal
Explorer

That works great thank you. Is there a way I can get it to show me the User name's instead of a number. I know if I client the client ip it will show me usernames but any way to see it on my search screen?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...