Splunk Search

replace String issue

maxmukimov
Explorer

Hello!
I’m trying to replace product codes with product names like
| replace “A1” with “Apple”, “A2” with “Grape”, “A3” with “ Watermelon”
I’m getting what I want except when there are more than one value in Product code field.
Apple
Grape
A1 | A2
How can I fix the row with multiple values?
Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

efavreau
Motivator

Hi @maxmukimov!

You'll need to give us more detail, like a sample of your logs (with any sensitive information taken out). Otherwise, I'm thinking the mvexpand command would you help in this situation. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/Latest/SearchReference/Mvexpand

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

###

View solution in original post

efavreau
Motivator

Hi @maxmukimov!

You'll need to give us more detail, like a sample of your logs (with any sensitive information taken out). Otherwise, I'm thinking the mvexpand command would you help in this situation. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/Latest/SearchReference/Mvexpand

###

###

maxmukimov
Explorer

Thank you @efavreau !

I wasn’t able to use mvexpand but the link you advised suggested See Also split function. I realized that “A1 | A2” coming as one String and that’s why

|replace “A1” with “Apple”

wasn’t recognizing “A1 | A2”, what I did was, I added

| eval product=split(product, “ | “)

And now I’m getting the result I wanted.

Apple
Grape
Apple  Grape

Now I have to figure out how to add “Multiple products” text if there are more than one product, but I’ll open separate question.

Thank you again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...