Splunk Search

publish yesterday's data from today's date

martin61
Engager

I want to get QID list from yesterday’s published data.  For that I'm using PUBLISHED_DATETIME field with yesterday’s date. The date format for that field result is in GMT format (2005-11-11T08:00:00Z). For example, I’m running this search on may 4th, but I need to get QID fields with published date as 05/03/2022. (May 3rd)

|table QID PUBLISHED_DATETIME

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could either do a simple string match where clause on the PUBLISHED_DATETIME field or comvert it to epoch and compare.

| where match(PUBLISHED_DATETIME, "^2022-05-03")

of course if you want to compare always against yesterday, then you would need to make a field with yesterday's date. Here's an example that creates some dummy dates and then searches for yesterday

| makeresults count=20
| eval today=strftime(now(), "%Y-%m-")
| eval day=tonumber(strftime(now(), "%d")) - 1
| eval PUBLISHED_DATETIME=today."0".(random() % day + 1)
| eval yesterday=strftime(relative_time(now(), "-d@d"), "^%F")
| where match(PUBLISHED_DATETIME, yesterday)

So, you need to format a string like eval yesterday=... and then the where clause will string match.

Alternatively you can do with with epoch comparison with numeric comparison after parsing the PUBLISHED_DATETIME and calculating start end end times for yesterday, e.g. 

| makeresults count=20
| eval today=strftime(now(), "%Y-%m-")
| eval day=tonumber(strftime(now(), "%d")) - 1
| eval PUBLISHED_DATETIME=today."0".(random() % day + 1)."T08:00:00Z"
| eval pdate=strptime(PUBLISHED_DATETIME,"%FT%TZ")
| eval yesterday_start=relative_time(now(), "-d@d")
| eval yesterday_end=relative_time(now(), "@d")
| where pdate>=yesterday_start AND pdate<yesterday_end

You can run both of these example searches that will show you how it works

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...