Splunk Search

passing search result to empty python file

harsh1734

hi,
i am running a query

index="dataload" in search and i want to transfer it result in empty python file ..For that i hv uploaded a python sdk and created an empty file in aap-search-bin folder..

but i dont know the correct way,how can i transfer my search result to empty python file,i hv to again perform some operation on this python file..but first want to transfer my search result in python file

index="dataload" | tabel python.py
like this.....

Tags (2)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your request for a python script command is quite confusing.

I see 2 alternate simple options :

In this case, provide a useful sample. And the expected result.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

I'm very sure Splunk can do this. My advice would be to open up a separate question about this, with examples and good information on what you want to do.

harsh1734

yup,but this is the only solution i think..because splunk is not able to make the regex for these fileds values like if the field has values like (720),(65,123,457) so it will make regex of (65,123,457) its a single value but splunk is cosidering it as different value and breaking it into 65 123 and 457 as individual unit

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

And oh, if I recall correctly you were the guy who had field extraction problems and wanted to solve them by writing custom Python commands. I still don't think that sounds like a good solution.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

That actually made me more confused than I was before 🙂

0 Karma

harsh1734

i want to perform some python programming on that index because their is problem in extracting some of the fields.so by writing a script means i know that on 3rd line, my this output will be there so cutting all that field value... some thing like that

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

What do you mean by transferring to an empty Python file? Why would you want to do that? What's the desired end result?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...