Splunk Search

nested eval with stats count not working while using Data Model

nagar57
Communicator

Below is my query:

|datamodel testing search
|search wells.API="enroll"
|stats count(eval(wells.resp_code="S" OR (wells.resp_code="F" AND wells.error_code="NGENR000"))) AS Success

wells is the nodename and resp_code and API are extracted fields in Data Model.
When I run this query with index as a normal search query it is working, but with Data model it is not.

0 Karma
1 Solution

nagar57
Communicator

I get it working by renaming the fields from "wells.resp_code" to "resp_code". I don't know why dataset name with fields not working under eval expressions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi

look in the job inspector to see how the search is expanded
try to disable search optimization
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Search/Aboutoptimization
also make sure all the fields you use are defined in the datamodel or they would be filtered out
+ try renaming your fields without nodename that is easier to work with with eval

nagar57
Communicator

I get it working by renaming the fields from "wells.resp_code" to "resp_code". I don't know why dataset name with fields not working under eval expressions.

0 Karma

wgawhh5hbnht
Communicator

It's because you removed the ".". If you wanted not rename the field you would need to add quotes around it, e.g. "wells.resp_code"="...

0 Karma

nagar57
Communicator

Can someone help?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...