Splunk Search

mulitple regex extraction

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I'm trying to extract two fields from the below data

02-08 07:33:41.211 E/Rules_LightBaseAction( 2660): com.icontrol.device.DeviceException: Failed to turn light off.

02-08 07:30:19.611 E/Rules_LightBaseAction( 2660): Caused by: com.icontrol.zigbee.service.ZigbeeServiceException: executeCommand returned failure.

rulename=LightBaseAction and result=Failed to turn light off OR executeCommand returned failure

my attempt at the regex works for the rulename but not so much for the result.... What am I missing on the below regex?

E\/Rules_(?<rulename>\w+)(DeviceException|ZigbeeServiceException):\s+(?<result>$)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vasanthmss
Motivator

try something like this,

base search | rex "E/Rules_(?<rulename>\w+).*(DeviceException|ZigbeeServiceException):\s+(?<result>.*)$"

Hope this will helps you.

V

View solution in original post

dbcase
Motivator

attempt #2 at regex but still no joy . E\/Rules_(?<rulename>\w+)Exception:\s(?<result>.+[^.])

0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

try something like this,

base search | rex "E/Rules_(?<rulename>\w+).*(DeviceException|ZigbeeServiceException):\s+(?<result>.*)$"

Hope this will helps you.

V

dbcase
Motivator

Hi Vasanthmss!

Thank you! that helped! The final regex looks like this . E\/Rules_(?<rulename>\w+).*Exception:\s(?<result>.+[^.])

0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

glad that helped.. accept the answer.

V
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...