Splunk Search

map search question

ITSplunk117
Explorer

I'm using a modified search from splunksearches.com to get the events from the past two days and returning the difference.  For all of the indexes and sourcetypes, if it exists, in the testlookup. 

While it works the index and sourcetype does not line up with the results.  Mapping I found handles this SPL a little different than a normal search, location of the stats command had to be moved to return the same results.  
My question is there a way to modify the SPL so the index/sourcetype lines up with the results?  I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get it but already spent enough time on this.  
thanks

testlookup: has the columns index and sourcetype  

| inputlookup testlookup
|eval index1=index
|eval sourcetype1=if (isnull(sourcetype),"","sourcetype="+sourcetype)
|appendpipe
[|map search="search index=$index1$ earliest=-48h latest=-24h | bin _time span=1d | eval window=\"Yesterday\"| stats count by _time window  | append [|search index=$index1$ earliest=-24h | eval window=\"Today\"| bin _time span=1d | stats count by _time window  | eval _time=(_time-(60*60*24))] | timechart span=1d sum(count) by window|eval difference = abs(Yesterday - Today)"]| table index1 sourcetype1 Yesterday Today difference

index1sourcetype1yesterdaytoday difference
test1st_test1   

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

map can be slow and limited - try something like this

[| inputlookup testlookup
| table index sourcetype] earliest=-2d@d latest=@d
| eval day=if(_time < relative_time(now(), "-1d@d"), "Yesterday", "Today")
| stats count by day index sourcetype
| eval {day}=count
| stats values(Today) as Today values(Yesterday) as Yesterday by index sourcetype
| fillnull value=0 Yesterday Today
| eval difference=abs(Yesterday - Today)

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

map can be slow and limited - try something like this

[| inputlookup testlookup
| table index sourcetype] earliest=-2d@d latest=@d
| eval day=if(_time < relative_time(now(), "-1d@d"), "Yesterday", "Today")
| stats count by day index sourcetype
| eval {day}=count
| stats values(Today) as Today values(Yesterday) as Yesterday by index sourcetype
| fillnull value=0 Yesterday Today
| eval difference=abs(Yesterday - Today)

ITSplunk117
Explorer

Thank you this should work quite well for my needs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...