Splunk Search

lookup table,

kishan2356
Explorer

Hi have a report that is sent of a daily basis.  The report provides a count for every one hour bucket. Sometimes  get 0s for a few of those hourly buckets. Instead of 0s being reported I would like for my query to replace the 0s with data from my lookup file.

index=xxx sourcetype=xxx | fields success_count | stats sum(success_count) as success_count by _time
| bin _time span=1h| stats max(success_count) as max_count by _time
| makecontinuous
| fillnull value=0
| inputlookup append=t "app_nullentries.csv"                                                                                                                                  | eval max_count=case(max_count="0" and !isnull(max_login_value), max_login_value, 1=1, max_login)

I need help getting my query to run the logic: if max_count=0, than get data from the the app_nullentries.csv and replace 0s with what is stated in the file. The file has the exact Date and time , and what value to replace the 0s with.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...