Splunk Search

loadjob command has issues with colons in my saved search name?

the_wolverine
Champion

I've got a saved search name with colons, like this:

savedsearch_name="Mysearch: has a colon"

The loadjob command doesn't seem to like it and I can't figure out how to make it work other than to rename my search to something without spaces:

" | loadjob "admin:search:Mysearch:
has a colon"

Splunk (5.0.3) reports:

"Error in 'loadjob' command: Option
'savedsearch_name=admin:search:Mysearch:
has a colon' is invalid.

0 Karma
1 Solution

the_wolverine
Champion

Yes, the loadjob command has an issue with colons. Not sure about any other characters. It would be nice to have this documented so I can name my searches in a manner that they can be used with the loadjob command.

View solution in original post

the_wolverine
Champion

Yes, the loadjob command has an issue with colons. Not sure about any other characters. It would be nice to have this documented so I can name my searches in a manner that they can be used with the loadjob command.

the_wolverine
Champion

filed a bug with Splunk.

0 Karma

laserval
Communicator

Agreeing with @somesoni2, spaces should not be a problem in loadjob. Try it without the colon. I use dashes in my saved searches .

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe renaming is the only options here. It seems loadjob doesn't support object name containing colon or semicolon. Spaces works fine.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | How to Think About Instrumentation Overhead (White Paper)

Novice observability practitioners are often overly obsessed with performance. They might approach ...

Cloud Platform | Get Resiliency in the Cloud Event (Register Now!)

IDC Report: Enterprises Gain Higher Efficiency and Resiliency With Migration to Cloud  Today many enterprises ...

The Great Resilience Quest: 10th Leaderboard Update

The tenth leaderboard update (11.23-12.05) for The Great Resilience Quest is out >> As our brave ...