Splunk Search

last 7 days on an input lookup

Sfry1981
Communicator

I have the below query where i want all closed dates counted by the last 7 days but the below is not working

| inputlookup int_case | search  closeddate!=null
| where _time>=relative_time(now(),"-1w") AND _time<=now() | stats count

This brings back 0. When i remove the the where search i get all the results. I find that Splunk seems to hate input lookups and you have to hack all your searches to get it to work correctly.

Any advice on how to do this is appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi,

The data that is stored as lookup is not time dependent. So whenever you execute any search including lookups, it will result all matching results for the lookup irrespective of time.

One way to limit lookup based on time is to store date & time stamp as a column while creating lookup.

If your closeddate field is timestamp string, than it can be easily done by below query,

| eval _time = strptime(closeddate, "time stamp format of closeddate")

time stamp format example - "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"

Please upvote and accept the answer if it helps.

View solution in original post

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi,

The data that is stored as lookup is not time dependent. So whenever you execute any search including lookups, it will result all matching results for the lookup irrespective of time.

One way to limit lookup based on time is to store date & time stamp as a column while creating lookup.

If your closeddate field is timestamp string, than it can be easily done by below query,

| eval _time = strptime(closeddate, "time stamp format of closeddate")

time stamp format example - "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"

Please upvote and accept the answer if it helps.

Sfry1981
Communicator

Thanks @gaurav_maniar

Worlds like a dream 🙂

0 Karma

gaurav_maniar
Builder

please upvote the answer as well.
thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...