Splunk Search

iostat data into splunk and searching

Bryan_Rye

Hello. I have my indexers indexing the results of iostat every few minutes.

rrqm/s   wrqm/s     r/s     w/s    rMB/s    wMB/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz   await  svctm

splunk_cold 0.00 0.00 10.16 173.12 0.32 0.68 11.17 0.15 0.77 0.19 splunk_hot 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.01 0.00 0.00 8.00 0.00 4.39 0.09

Is there a way I could run a search-report to display the stats for either Splunk_cold and or Splunk_hot with the data? How do you tell Splunk to recognize this table that comes from a log file?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

props.conf

[iostat]
KV_MODE = multi
0 Karma

FritzWittwer_ol
Contributor

I guess mulitkv is your friend, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.4/SearchReference/Multikv

You could also try to install the *NIX app, it has lots of such searches implemented.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...