Splunk Search

interesting regex

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I have data that looks like this

2018-06-11 23:37:11,035 pool-10-thread-1 DEBUG c.i.w.i.s.WholesaleCVRService

2018-06-11 23:37:09,386 pool-10-thread-1 DEBUG c.i.w.i.s.WholesaleCVRService - In register camera update event, with accessToken 

2018-06-11 23:37:07,763 pool-10-thread-1 DEBUG c.i.w.i.s.WholesaleCVRService - Reponse of camera update event 

I need to be able to extract out the date and time on each event . (i.e. 2018-06-11 23:37:11,035)

Tags (2)
0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the data is going into Splunk correctly, then you should have the time in the variable _time as well as getting access to each of the fields named date_* for the year, month, day, hour, minute, second. You would not get the sub-second value automatically. The _time field can be output in any number of formats. So you should have that same data available to you without having to use a regex.

If on the other hand you have need of that date specifically, then you can use a regex (like that provided by @kamiesh_veghela). Do you need that date broken up into different fields? If so, that is another regex, but can be done easily enough.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dbcase,

Are you looking for this?

| makeresults | eval _raw="2018-06-11 23:37:07,763 pool-10-thread-1 DEBUG c.i.w.i.s.WholesaleCVRService - Reponse of camera update event " | rex field=_raw "(?<my_date>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}\s\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2},\d{3})" | table my_date
0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

Thanks Kamlesh! that works!!!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dbcase If your problem is resolved, please accept the answer to help future readers and to give the answerer the promised Karma points.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Great!!
Can you please accept the answer to close this question?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...