Splunk Search

how to run two functions in a single query.

geetanjali
Path Finder

Hello

I have 3 guest and each guest has 10 hosts in it. i want to display data in pie chart.

my query conditions are :

Want to display sum of latest value over hosts by guest. First i need to find out latest values of host and then sum up that values guest.

My current query is:-

index="test" sourcetype="power_usage" | eval guest=ltrim(source,"/opt/app/powersupply/") | eval guest=split(guest,"/") | eval guest=mvindex(guest,-3) | chart first(Power_consumption) as a over host by guest

This query is giving latest values of hosts by guest. Next i need to sum up latest values. What would be the approach to do this. i have tried with addtotal, but it's giving result for all hosts.
How could i update my query for this.

Please help, if anybody knows the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Geetanjali

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Switch from chart to stats like this:

index="test" sourcetype="power_usage" | eval guest=ltrim(source,"/opt/app/powersupply/") | eval guest=split(guest,"/") | eval guest=mvindex(guest,-3) | stats first(Power_consumption) AS a BY host, guest

Then you can do this:

index="test" sourcetype="power_usage" | eval guest=ltrim(source,"/opt/app/powersupply/") | eval guest=split(guest,"/") | eval guest=mvindex(guest,-3) | stats first(Power_consumption) AS a BY host, guest | stats sum(a) by host

Or perhaps this:

index="test" sourcetype="power_usage" | eval guest=ltrim(source,"/opt/app/powersupply/") | eval guest=split(guest,"/") | eval guest=mvindex(guest,-3) | stats first(Power_consumption) AS a BY host, guest | stats sum(a) by guest
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Did any of this work?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...