Splunk Search

how do I chart with 3 or more fields

uptoNoGood
Explorer

Hi

We have multiple automated tests running with different IDs and jenkins build number. One testid, build can have multiple tests too. Each test goes through some stages which are not common across different tests. test1 can have stage a,b,c and test2 can have d,e,f

I want to chart duration of these stages for each test over testID/build number e.g. i want to see how duration of stage A for test 1 is changing across different testiD t1, t2, t3 or build b1,b2,b3. 

I can chart avg duration for stages by test but not across testids/build

this is how I do it for avg duration for stages by test:

index=dx_campaign_utf_jenkins_console source=job/test-pipeline-perf/* test testId stage
| rex field=_raw "test=(?<test_name>[^\]]*)]"
| rex field=source "job/test-pipeline-perf/(?<build_number>.*)/console"
| stats min(_time) as startTime max(_time) as endTime by test_name, stage, testId, build_number
| eval duration = (endTime-startTime)
| eval duration = if(duration == 0, 1, duration)
| eval duration = duration/60
| chart avg(duration) by test_name, stage

I can do it individually for each testname if I search for each and create different chart for each, is it possible to chart stages duration per test per testid using chart and trellis layout?
Since test names can change, I don't want to keep my query specific

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...