Splunk Search

help to capture with rex an event

Caio_Santos
Path Finder

hello everybody, following is the event that i'm trying to capture with rex.

[2010-08-05 17:51:11,661][info] INFO com.porto.infra.security.SecurityUtil [5c815c81] getUsuario() - Foi chamado, mas Authentication.Principal = NULL -> Exception throwed
[2010-08-05 17:51:11,662][info] INFO com.porto.infra.security.portal.PortalUtil [5c815c81] PreAuthenticatedRequestInfo() - Usuario nao existe - SecurityUtil.getUsuario() retornou Exception getUsuario() - Usuário precisa estar autenticado para chamar esta função

I'm using this regex

\b\]\s\w+(\(\))

i'm trying to capture just the one in bold without the '] '

The error that I'm getting on splunk when I attempt to use that rex command:

Error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex '(?<=[[\w\d]+]\s)(\w+()))': Regex: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ftk
Motivator

This regex will work:

(?<=\[\d+-\d+-\d+\s\d+:\d+:\d+,\d+\]\[\w+\].*\[\S+\]\s)(\w+\(\))

[Edit: rex usage] To use this in rex you can simply change the lookbehind to a non-capturing group and give a field name (in this case "function") to your capturing group:

search terms | rex "(?:\[\d+-\d+-\d+\s\d+:\d+:\d+,\d+\]\[\w+\].*\[\S+\]\s)(?<function>\w+\(\))"

View solution in original post

thepocketwade
Path Finder

In the future you can try using the 'erex' command, which will take examples you give it as in

... | erex monthday examples="7/01, 07/02" counterexamples="99/2"

It will give you a regex that will work to pull out your examples.

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

see updated answer RE: rex usage

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

This regex will work:

(?<=\[\d+-\d+-\d+\s\d+:\d+:\d+,\d+\]\[\w+\].*\[\S+\]\s)(\w+\(\))

[Edit: rex usage] To use this in rex you can simply change the lookbehind to a non-capturing group and give a field name (in this case "function") to your capturing group:

search terms | rex "(?:\[\d+-\d+-\d+\s\d+:\d+:\d+,\d+\]\[\w+\].*\[\S+\]\s)(?<function>\w+\(\))"

ftk
Motivator

I updated the answer.

0 Karma

Caio_Santos
Path Finder

i got this error on splunk when I tryed to use the referenced command:

Error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex '(?<=[\d+-\d+-\d+\s\d+:\d+:\d+,\d+][\w+].*[\S+]\s)(\w+())': Regex: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length

what is it supposed to be ?

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

Lookarounds will work in splunk's props.conf for field extractions.

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

tested fine for me. Tried it in Expresso, http://regexlib.com/RETester.aspx, and http://gskinner.com/RegExr/.

0 Karma

Caio_Santos
Path Finder

i got what you did, but i'm not sure if i need to setup something else like making the lookaround flag on. Because even in my regex tester this is not working.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...