Splunk Search

help on basic search with 2 index

jip31
Motivator

HIhi

why I have no resulys even if I merge 2 index even if I have results when I execute one or the other?
(index=ai-pe-* sourcetype="Perfmon:Mem OR index=ai-wmi-* sourcetype="WMI:Mem")
| fields host Value TotalPhysicalMemory
| eval FreeMemory = round(Value, 2). " MB"
| eval TotalMemory = round((TotalPhysicalMemory / 1024 / 1024), 2). " MB"

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Your query currently gets interpreted as this:
(I'm also guessing there were *s in the index names - use the code formatter tool 101010 to avoid the html renderer removing them)

index=ai-pe-* AND (sourcetype="Perfmon:Mem OR index=ai-wmi-*) AND sourcetype="WMI:Mem"

Instead you want:

(index=ai-pe-* AND sourcetype="Perfmon:Mem) OR (index=ai-wmi-* AND sourcetype="WMI:Mem")

You can leave the ANDs out - I just added them for clairty

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Your query currently gets interpreted as this:
(I'm also guessing there were *s in the index names - use the code formatter tool 101010 to avoid the html renderer removing them)

index=ai-pe-* AND (sourcetype="Perfmon:Mem OR index=ai-wmi-*) AND sourcetype="WMI:Mem"

Instead you want:

(index=ai-pe-* AND sourcetype="Perfmon:Mem) OR (index=ai-wmi-* AND sourcetype="WMI:Mem")

You can leave the ANDs out - I just added them for clairty

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

you are right, thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...