Splunk Search

get latest time stamp from two timestamps

Dassari

HI I have two time stamps like "2017-01-30T19:22:39Z" "2017-01-29T19:17:33Z"
From the above two timestamps I wan to get latest timestamp i.e 2017-01-30T19:22:39Z, please help me

Tags (1)
0 Karma

varad_joshi
Communicator

How about this.
Convert them in epoch time and then do the selection with an IF clause. Select whichever is larger.

Just shared the logic, see if that works for you.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this.

... | eval LatestTS = if(strptime(TS1,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%Z")>strptime(TS2,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%Z"), TS1, TS2) | ...
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

varad_joshi
Communicator

haha you beat me with few seconds there, and you posted the exact query. Yes, this should work for the OP.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...