Splunk Search

find the latest field only from multiple output

surekhasplunk
Communicator

I have a query like below :

bla bla ...| lookup mylookupfile.csv Hostname as Name output Status Creation_Date
| eval Status=MVDEDUP(Status) |eval Creation_Date=mvindex(Creation_Date,-1)| then rest of my query

Here issue happens when while matching for the Hostname i get two Status values 

So above query gives me output where : 

1) i am getting Creation_Date field as the latest date only

2) But Status i am receiving both Active and Destroyed

i want to get in Status field only the corresponding value of Status for latest(Creation_Date)

How can i do that

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understand the problem correctly then this should help.

bla bla ...| lookup mylookupfile.csv Hostname as Name output Status Creation_Date
| eval created = strptime(Creation_Date, "format string that matches the date format")
| sort 1000 - created
| fields - created
| head 1
| then rest of my query

The lookup file already associates Status with Creation_Date so all the query needs to do is find the most recent Creation_Date value.  We do that by converting the Creation_Date field to epoch form (assuming it is not already an epoch) then sorting the dates in descending order.  The first event in the results is the latest date.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Optimize Cloud Monitoring

TECH TALKS Optimize Cloud Monitoring Tuesday, August 13, 2024  |  11:00AM–12:00PM PST   Register to ...

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...