Splunk Search

extracting fields

Jananee_iNautix
Path Finder

Hi,
I have the following log statements
1.Connected to [el2me@star-mf.grgk.com:22]
2.. Connected to [ftpsergr.gregn.com:41]. UserID [egwergrwe]

From the above statements i have to exrtact userid in common.In first log statement e12me is the userid and in second log statement string following the UserID is the userid which i want to extract ie.egwergrwe

i gave the following regex to extract the userid and diplay in table
as
sourcetype="RSBA_LOGS-2" |rex field=_raw "(?:Connected to |UserID)?[(?\S+)(?:@|])" | table userid

But it is not extracting the correct userid .Can anyone help me on the regex.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

This could be a workaround.

your base search.. | rex field=_raw "\[(?<userid>[^\]]*)\]$" | rex field=userid "(?<userid>[^@]*)"

No luck so far with single rex.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi Jananee_iNautix,

try something like this:

(Connected to \[|UserID \[)(?<userid>.+)[\:\]]

here is a good online regex test tool http://www.regexr.com/ where you can test your regex.

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

Jananee_iNautix
Path Finder

It is not extracting the userid.Please help...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...