Splunk Search

conditional event to display different static picture

cpuppet
Path Finder

is there any ways to display different static picture on dashboard depends on different search result.
this is sort of like an if-then scenario, which can be crucial to my live dashboard
the single event icon color can be changed, so i m wondering if it is possible to display different picture for conditional results. Such as, critical should display pic01 in the my dashboard, low should display pic02 in my dashboard, so on...

Drainy
Champion

Yes, you can do this through CSS to an extent. I will update my answer with some code examples a bit later on (Don't have time at the moment but also don't want you to give up on it! 🙂 )
I use it with singlevalues to allow me to change the image as different events happen.

As a brief explanation its using the background image of a div which you can define inside the application.css for an app and you can specify this against your singlevalue requirements, e.g critical.
Or you can define your own classes to use instead of the default ones like critical/warning etc.

0 Karma

cpuppet
Path Finder

hi...thank you for the explanation, i will see if i can figure it out before you post the example here

0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

As long as I know, there is no way at this moment. You can request Enhance request to Splunk.

0 Karma

cpuppet
Path Finder

i believe it can be done some way with some modification in the background...but not sure which and how...
definitely not from OTB function they provided...
thanks anyways...

cheers

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...