Splunk Search

command="predict", Too few data points: 0. Need at least 1 (too many holdbacks (0) maybe?)

Janani_Krish
Path Finder

Hello,

I have tried the following command to forecast recipient using predict command and Forecast time series assistant.

sourcetype="mysource"|timechart span=60min values(recipient{}) as recipient values(headerFrom) as headerFrom count(recipient{}) by span | predict "recipient: NULL" as prediction algorithm=LLP holdback=0 future_timespan=5 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 | `forecastviz(5, 0, "recipient: NULL", 95)`

I gave recipient:NULL for predict because the column I get as a result of timechart is as follows,

_time      count(recipient{}): NULL       headerFrom: NULL           recipient: NULL

I tried renaming the recipient field of predict command as follows,

sourcetype="mysource"|timechart span=60min values(recipient{}) as recipient values(headerFrom) as headerFrom count(recipient{}) by span | predict "recipient" as prediction algorithm=LLP holdback=0 future_timespan=5 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 | `forecastviz(5, 0, "recipient: NULL", 95)`

But then I am getting the error as "command="predict", Unknown field: recipient"

Please suggest

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

what this part of your query is reporting:

sourcetype="mysource"|timechart span=60min values(recipient{}) as recipient values(headerFrom) as headerFrom count(recipient{}) by span

Usually there is no need to add holdback=0 as it’s default. 

Can you also add sample of your events so we could understand what your data is containing?

Janani_Krish
Path Finder

Hello Sautamo,

Thanks.

My recipient field contains names of recipients.

Later I realized I was trying to predict the name of recipients, But according to the algorithm I can predict only the numerical value like count.

It worked for me when I have set the predicted value to be count.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...