Splunk Search

command="predict", Too few data points: 0. Need at least 1 (too many holdbacks (0) maybe?)

Janani_Krish
Path Finder

Hello,

I have tried the following command to forecast recipient using predict command and Forecast time series assistant.

sourcetype="mysource"|timechart span=60min values(recipient{}) as recipient values(headerFrom) as headerFrom count(recipient{}) by span | predict "recipient: NULL" as prediction algorithm=LLP holdback=0 future_timespan=5 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 | `forecastviz(5, 0, "recipient: NULL", 95)`

I gave recipient:NULL for predict because the column I get as a result of timechart is as follows,

_time      count(recipient{}): NULL       headerFrom: NULL           recipient: NULL

I tried renaming the recipient field of predict command as follows,

sourcetype="mysource"|timechart span=60min values(recipient{}) as recipient values(headerFrom) as headerFrom count(recipient{}) by span | predict "recipient" as prediction algorithm=LLP holdback=0 future_timespan=5 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 | `forecastviz(5, 0, "recipient: NULL", 95)`

But then I am getting the error as "command="predict", Unknown field: recipient"

Please suggest

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

what this part of your query is reporting:

sourcetype="mysource"|timechart span=60min values(recipient{}) as recipient values(headerFrom) as headerFrom count(recipient{}) by span

Usually there is no need to add holdback=0 as it’s default. 

Can you also add sample of your events so we could understand what your data is containing?

Janani_Krish
Path Finder

Hello Sautamo,

Thanks.

My recipient field contains names of recipients.

Later I realized I was trying to predict the name of recipients, But according to the algorithm I can predict only the numerical value like count.

It worked for me when I have set the predicted value to be count.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...