I am currently have 2 tables:
Table-1
date, common-granularity, groupId-1, value-1

Table-2:
date, common-granularity, groupId-2 ,value-2

I want to do some intermediate stats_operations such as:
Table-1
|stats latest(value-1) as latest_value1 by date, common-granularity, groupId-1
|stats count(latest_value1) as count_value1, sum(inter_value1) as sum_value1 by date, common-granularity

Table-2:
|stats count(value-2) as count_value2 by date, common-granularity

Ideally, I want to do stats operation on Table-1 and Table-2 separately, and then combine the operation results based on date, common-granularity.
For example, the expected final result is like:
date, common-granularity, intermediate_result_from_table_1(count_value1, sum_value1), intermediate_result_from_table_2(count_value2)

I knew |join with sub-search can achieve this, but I am concern about the |join max-out limitation.
So I am looking for any possible other methodologies.

Thanks

0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Hi ,

I had answered similar query few days ago. Here is my answer , you can use multiple aggregate functions

You can use the same search for these optimization issue.
I prefer to write it like this.

index=indexname 
 | stats dc(yourfield) count(eval(anotherfield=fieldvalue)) by other field names

niketn
Legend

@zztc2004 you can explore multisearch command or union command, which will not run into subsearch limitations depending on your use case. However, for the community to assist you better, you might have to add some sample values(mock/anonymized data) for your two events you want to correlate.

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...