Engager

So, my data looks like this:

code message hash count
aaa  m1      53e  3
aaa  m2      53e  5
bbb  m3      54e  15
ccc  m4      77f  4
ccc  m5      77f  7

and I want to group by the hash (actually I could group by either the hash or the code), and choose any of the messages in the resulting bucket. Here is my desired output:

code message hash count
aaa  m1      53e  8
bbb  m3      54e  15
ccc  m4      77f  11

Note that I don't care in the first group whether m1 or m2 is displayed. Also, the messages are strings, not numerical data. Any ideas how I can achieve what I want?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

linu1988
Champion

will give you the result that you want. I dont know the result set how you are having but i tested with the sample you gave..

index=main sourcetype=xxx|multikv fields code,hash,count|stats sum(count) as total_count by code,hash|join code [search index=main sourcetype=xxx|multikv fields code,message|fields code,message]|table code,,message,hash,total_count

View solution in original post

linu1988
Champion

will give you the result that you want. I dont know the result set how you are having but i tested with the sample you gave..

index=main sourcetype=xxx|multikv fields code,hash,count|stats sum(count) as total_count by code,hash|join code [search index=main sourcetype=xxx|multikv fields code,message|fields code,message]|table code,,message,hash,total_count

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...