Splunk Search

WinEventLog - Appliction and Services Logs- Does anyone have a doc or suggestion?

ttiller
Engager

Trying to collect information from a sub folder in a Windows server event log. Specifically in the Applications and Services Logs/DFS Replication folder. So far it looks like I need to add some info to my local conf file, but unsure of the proper syntax. I believe it would be along these lines:

[WinEventLog:"Application and Services Logs/DFSReplication"]
disabled=0
start from=oldest
currentonly=0

Can anyone point me to the proper doc to figure this out or offer a suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

wcolgate_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The syntax for Windows event log stanza is:

[WinEventLog://<channel-name>]

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Have you tried removing the quotation marks from the stanza name?
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

ttiller
Engager

The adjustment was  made on the backend so now my search should be successful. Thank you for your suggestion.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, then please click the "Accept as Solution" button to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ttiller
Engager

I have not. I was unsure if I was even on the right track and did not want to jump off the cliff without some assurances that I'm not going to screw something up. "Nothing ventured nothing gained" as they say. Will give it a go and let you know. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...