Splunk Search

Why is virtual index search showing no results found after installing Hunk?

rameez
Engager

Hello guys,

I installed hunk and followed its tutorial. I have checked the HDFS location and it seems fine. Hadoop version looks fine as well. The search.log is in pastebin http://pastebin.com/rrEJnLNA.

Any help would be appreciated

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it seems like "Hadoop Home" is not pointing to a valid dir - not the missing leading / in the path: "/bin/bash: usr/lib/hado ..."

10-13-2014 06:56:45.686 ERROR ERP.PonyProvider -  /bin/bash: usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: No such file or directory
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR SearchOperator:stdin - Cannot consume data with unset stream_type
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR ExternalResultProvider - Error in 'SearchOperator:stdin': Cannot consume data with unset stream_type

View solution in original post

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it seems like "Hadoop Home" is not pointing to a valid dir - not the missing leading / in the path: "/bin/bash: usr/lib/hado ..."

10-13-2014 06:56:45.686 ERROR ERP.PonyProvider -  /bin/bash: usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: No such file or directory
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR SearchOperator:stdin - Cannot consume data with unset stream_type
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR ExternalResultProvider - Error in 'SearchOperator:stdin': Cannot consume data with unset stream_type
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...