Splunk Search

Why is virtual index search showing no results found after installing Hunk?

rameez
Engager

Hello guys,

I installed hunk and followed its tutorial. I have checked the HDFS location and it seems fine. Hadoop version looks fine as well. The search.log is in pastebin http://pastebin.com/rrEJnLNA.

Any help would be appreciated

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it seems like "Hadoop Home" is not pointing to a valid dir - not the missing leading / in the path: "/bin/bash: usr/lib/hado ..."

10-13-2014 06:56:45.686 ERROR ERP.PonyProvider -  /bin/bash: usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: No such file or directory
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR SearchOperator:stdin - Cannot consume data with unset stream_type
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR ExternalResultProvider - Error in 'SearchOperator:stdin': Cannot consume data with unset stream_type

View solution in original post

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it seems like "Hadoop Home" is not pointing to a valid dir - not the missing leading / in the path: "/bin/bash: usr/lib/hado ..."

10-13-2014 06:56:45.686 ERROR ERP.PonyProvider -  /bin/bash: usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: No such file or directory
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR SearchOperator:stdin - Cannot consume data with unset stream_type
10-13-2014 06:56:45.687 ERROR ExternalResultProvider - Error in 'SearchOperator:stdin': Cannot consume data with unset stream_type
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...