Splunk Search

Why is my stats list() search not matching values correctly in the resulting table?

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a web service called CreateOrder.. This has a request and response which has a unique identifier called a GUID. In the CreateOrderRequest, it has the AffiliateData which I did a field extraction for (AfData) and in the CreateOrderResponse I did another field extraction for the CreateOrderID.

I piped my search into a Transaction using the GUID so now each event has a request and response for CreateOrder. I want 2 columns, one showing the AffiliateData (AfData) and the second column showing the CreateOrderID.. The current way I have it set up, it's showing the data but when I do a search for the CreateOrderID, the wrong Affiliate Data is showing up.

I need the Affiliate Data to match the CreateOrderID. Everything is correct up until the last pipe

index=unleashed Call="<CreateOrder*"   | transaction GUID startswith="fterReceiveRequest" endswith="BeforeSendReply" | stats  list(AfData),list(CreateOrderID)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephanefotso
Motivator

How about a simple table?

index=unleashed Call="<CreateOrder*"   | transaction GUID startswith="fterReceiveRequest" endswith="BeforeSendReply" | table AfData CreateOrderID
SGF

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

try like:

index=unleashed Call="<CreateOrder*"   | transaction GUID startswith="fterReceiveRequest" endswith="BeforeSendReply" | stats  list(AfData) by CreateOrderID
0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for your response, but I just figured it out.

The search you posted was a similar approach to what stephanefotso originally posted, as it successfully ties them together but leaves me with a lot of blank rows

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

How about a simple table?

index=unleashed Call="<CreateOrder*"   | transaction GUID startswith="fterReceiveRequest" endswith="BeforeSendReply" | table AfData CreateOrderID
SGF

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is very close to what I needed!! Now it's giving me 2 columns, one for the AfData and the second one for CreateOrderID (as expected) which are tied together. Now the only issue I have left is that all 7000+ CreateOrderID's are listed with only 200ish AfData rows. So I have a ton of blank spaces between the AfData rows. I need to remove these blank rows.

I only need the row if it has BOTH AfData AND CreateOrderID

Thanks for your help so far!

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I figured it out, I just added | where isnotnull(AfData) and it worked!! Thanks for your help!

Here's my search for people needing help with a similar question in the future

index=unleashed Call="<CreateOrder*"   | transaction GUID startswith="fterReceiveRequest" endswith="BeforeSendReply" | table AfData CreateOrderID | where isnotnull(AfData)

stephanefotso
Motivator

Here you go

index=unleashed Call="<CreateOrder*"   | transaction GUID startswith="fterReceiveRequest" endswith="BeforeSendReply"|where AfData !=" " | table AfData CreateOrderID
SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...