Splunk Search

Why is my configuration for index-time field extractions of CSV data not working?

rmenon7

I have a csv file , which is delimited by ~ character .I am trying to do an index time field extraction so that My fields are extracted and ready to go by the time ingestion completes .

The CSV file does not contain a header with the field layout details , so a header based extraction is not feasible .

Here is what I have tried so far .

UF - Inputs.conf
[monitor:///splunk/SFT_Test/scrubbed_test/informatica.disclosure.data.infile*]

index = ifind_test

sourcetype = tr_disclosure_table

On my Indexer :

Props.conf

[tr_disclosure_table]
TIME_PREFIX = ^

MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 22

TIME_FORMAT = %m/%d/%Y %I:%M:%S %p

TRUNCATE = 99999

SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false

LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)(?=\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4}\s\d{1,2}:\d{2}:\d{2}\s[A-Z]{2})

TRANSFORMS-csvextract = disclosure_file_extract

I tried REPORT also instead of TRANSFORMS in the above stanza to try and get it to work .

[disclosure_file_extract]
DELIMS="~"
FIELDS=DATE~RECORD_INDICATOR~TRI_INTR_ACC_NO~PLSTC_CARD_NO~DISCLO_CD~NTFY_ID~ACCT_CYC_DAY_CD~DCSN_EVENT_DT~GNRC_EXTNL_NO~DISCLO_DS~CM_ANNIV_YEAR~DISCLO_PACK_CD~DISCLO_PACK_DS_TX~DISCLO_MODL_CD~DISCLO_TYPE_CD~DISCLO_ATTR_SUB_TYPE_VAL_CD~DISCLO_STRT_DT~DISCLO_END_DT~NTFY_DT~EFF_DT~RESP_BY_DT~REJCT_IN~AXIOM_KEY_ID~REQ_COMMUN_ID~ACCT_STA_CD~PLYR_ACCNT_NO~PROD_NO_CD~IA_PROD_ID_CD~TERM_VAL_CHNG_FROM_TX~TERM_VAL_CHNG_TO_TX~COMMUN_CHAN_TYPE_ID~ACCT_OPEN_DT~INIT_MAIL_DT~RSLT_ACT_IN~RSLT_ACT_DS~FEATR_SRVC_CD~FEATR_SRVC_CD_DS~APLCBL_TO_CANCELED_ACCT_IN~APLCBL_TO_ALL_PROD_IN~APLCBL_TO_PYMT_PROG_IN~APLCBL_TO_SRVC_MBR_CR_ENRL_IN~APLCBL_TO_DSTR_RELF_IN~SYS_TOKEN_CD~SYS_OF_REC_NM~TERM_CHNG_STA_CD~TERM_CHNG_STA_RSN_CD~TERM_CHNG_RSCND_IN~LAST_TERM_STA_CHNG_DT~RCPT_DT~ADD_TS~LST_UPDT_TS

What am I doing wrong and how can I get the index time extraction to work . (Since I don't want to do a search time extraction using the configuration files on SH ) .

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

DELIMS is only valid for search-time field extraction, see docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/transformsconf for reference. Additionally, I'm pretty sure you should comma-separate the FIELDS setting even if your DELIMS are not commas.

What's the motivation for not using search-time field extraction?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...