Splunk Search

Why is does my Splunk 6.2.1 Search App keep loading while other dashboards work correctly?

albertohontoria
Path Finder

Hi friends

I have a strange problem with a splunk 6.2.1 installation. Search page keeps in loading... state forever. Other dashboards work correctly.

I have used developer apps and this is the javascript error

SCRIPT1014: Carácter no válido
searchpage.js, Línea 23 Carácter 15943

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)

JohanDB
Engager

Are you experiencing replication bundle probems? I'm seeing the same behaviour most of the time when there are some bundles that failed to replicate....

0 Karma

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I had the same issue, Restarting the splunk server worked for me .

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you changed the navigation xml for the search app?

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

albertohontoria
Path Finder

I have uninstalled all splunk and data, delete /opt/splunk directory, and reinstalled by default. Search page keeps still loading...

It must be a component or dependency, but i cannot find the cause...

Any clue?

0 Karma

rajanala
Path Finder

I have the same issue , occasionally, during which I try all browsers [ IE, Chrome and Firefox ] and only IE seems to load the search page while the others are stalled at Loading....

I have also noticed the following error on the search heads:
ERROR utility:49 - name=javascript, class=Splunk.Error, lineNumber=1, message=Unable to get value of the property '$': object is null or undefined, fileName=https......./en-US/app/search/search

0 Karma

albertohontoria
Path Finder

I don't renember to have changed navigation xml, but could be...

Which file exactly?

0 Karma

albertohontoria
Path Finder

any clue? I dont know how to advance

Thks in advance

0 Karma

Muryoutaisuu
Communicator

One of our users using IE9 has still the same Error on Splunk 6.2.3:

SCRIPT1014: Ungültiges Zeichen
searchpage.js, Zeile 19 Zeichen 16901

nobody's got a solution?

EDIT: Interesting thing, his colleague with absolutely same setup has no problems...

0 Karma

jbcheng

I had the same issue Running Splunk 6.2.7 on CentOS 6.7 when using Google Chrome v.46 browser on Mac OS to access Splunk Web.
However, Firefox 42.0 and Safari 9.0 on Mac OSX did not have the problem, Google Chrome v.46 on Windows did not have the same problem either. Very interesting!

Chrome on MAC OSX developer tool shows the following errors:
1. Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
2. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'push' of undefined
3. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of undefined
4. GET http://10.2.5.1:8000/en-US/splunkd/__raw/servicesNS/admin/search/data/ui/prefs/search?output_mode=js... 404 (Not Found)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...