aliazaad

if you select index=main for your input 

the problem will be solved

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @akankshayadav,

I haven't your issue in my Splunk, which version are you using?

My only hint is to open a Case To Splunk Support.

Ciao and Happy Easter.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

state_larson_ti
Path Finder

Actually a little more searching and I found the answer here (https://community.splunk.com/t5/Knowledge-Management/How-to-fix-misleading-quot-What-to-search-quot-...). I also on my experimental/learning box (latest version) had enabled (under Settings -> Roles -> Admin -> Indexes) the * (All non-internal indexes) and the _* (All internal indexes) to be default and this immediately allowed data summary to work and see all the indexes.  I can see how, by default, you might not want to have this enabled for the admin account.

I think in courses you do, they may enable this by default for your accounts on non-internal indexes to make it easier for you to configure things, so I had not had to configure it myself.

0 Karma

state_larson_ti
Path Finder

Good Day.  I was curious if you had ever found an answer here.  I noticed the same thing, logged in about 3 days later, and the data had been populated (but not for the data I had put in the day before.  I assume there is a search that populates this data, but it only runs maybe 1/x per day or week.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...