Splunk Search

Why is configured Field not showing in interesting field?

AA_01
Explorer

Configured Field is not showing in interesting field.

Getting ;;;;;;;;;;;;; value after searching with index="Index Name " sourcetype=*

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

AA_01
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

When I tried to search with long timestamp then value is showing, but its format is not correct, also value is in encrypted format, Should I check configuration at application end as well.

index="Index Name" sourcetype=* your_field=*

View solution in original post

0 Karma

AA_01
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

When I tried to search with long timestamp then value is showing, but its format is not correct, also value is in encrypted format, Should I check configuration at application end as well.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AA_01 ,

ok, let me know if you need more help.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

AA_01
Explorer

Hi @gcusello ,

Thanks for the response, 

I have already checked with the mentioned command, but there is no output, However I am getting the test results for other configured fields.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AA_01,

if you have no results adding your_field=* to the main search, this means that the field isn't correctly configured, check the permissions ad eventually try to extract it again.

Did you checked also the Verbose Mode?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AA_01,

two checks to perform:

did you checked that you're using the Verbose Mode and not the Fast or the Smart Mode?

if you add to your search the filter "your_file=*", do you see the field in interesting fields?

if there are less than 2% of events, a field isn't visualized in Interesting fields.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...