Splunk Search

Why does a new field extraction not work on the search head just I created it on, but works immediately on other members in the search head cluster?

BP9906
Builder

Running the latest Splunk 6.2.2 with search head clustering. I found that when I create a new search field extraction, it doesnt immediately start to work on the current search head that I'm on. It will start working on the other cluster peers after replication grabs it (pretty quick).

Any idea why the current cluster peer wont start using it immediately?

0 Karma
1 Solution

BP9906
Builder

After some experimenting, I found that after completing the new field extraction, if I close out of what I was doing and go to a fresh search window (ie flashtimeline) then it would have the new extractions kick in. Odd.

View solution in original post

BP9906
Builder

After some experimenting, I found that after completing the new field extraction, if I close out of what I was doing and go to a fresh search window (ie flashtimeline) then it would have the new extractions kick in. Odd.

strangelaw
Explorer

Actually, I have similar kind of issue BUT my symptoms are worse 🙂

• 2 Search Heads on Cluster
  • Made a Field extraction on node 1 (captain), sourcetype syslog:myown
  • Took while to show up, works on node 1 perfectly.
  • Node 2 - it replicates the field extraction, but never allows to use it/stays on list but does not invoke on search.

Anyone seen similar effect? I found no use for closing windows on neither head(s).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...