Splunk Search

Why are we getting "Invalid value =" for parameter='INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS'" in the search.log when running a search using Hunk?

tsunamii
Path Finder

When running a search using Hunk, we are seeing a lot of these errors listed below in search log:

10-29-2015 22:22:56.942 ERROR IndexedExtractionsConfig - Invalid value='' for parameter='INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS'. 

Is this expected? If not, does it impact the search performance?

1 Solution

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For Hunk/vix searches, these messages are pretty harmless as Hunk/vix searches do not support INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS yet. There is also an ER (SPL-108648) to have these messages removed in the Hunk search.log.

View solution in original post

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For Hunk/vix searches, these messages are pretty harmless as Hunk/vix searches do not support INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS yet. There is also an ER (SPL-108648) to have these messages removed in the Hunk search.log.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...