Splunk Search

Why are the second y-axis labels being overwritten by the original y-axis labels? (charting.axisY2.text displayed as charting.axisY.text)

blhuynh
Explorer

The second y-axis labels are being overwritten by the original y-axis label. I can see the the correct label briefly, but then it gets overwritten very quickly after.

I have the following parameters set

<option name="charting.chart">line</option>
    <option name="charting.axisTitleX.text">Time</option>
    <option name="charting.axisTitleY.text">Price</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY.minimumNumber">0</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY.maximumNumber">5000</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY2.enabled">true</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY2.fields">max(Volume)</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY2.scale">linear</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY2.minimumNumber">0</option>
    <option name="charting.axisY2.maximumNumber">250000</option>
    <option name="charting.chart.overlayFields">max(Volume)</option>
    <option name="charting.axisTitleY2.text">Volume</option>
    <option name="charting.axisTitleY2.visibility">visible</option>
    <option name="charting.legend.placement">none</option>

I thought it may be something to do with the axis changing as more data gets pulled in, but even setting min/max for both Y-axes does not change anything.

rjthibod
Champion

This was a bug that I seem to remember being specific to early versions of 6.3.X. The Release Notes don't appear to call it out specifically, but I am pretty sure it was fixed by the release of 6.4.0. Don't know if it got backported to a newer version of 6.3.X.

0 Karma

helge
Builder

I have the same problem with one chart. Interestingly it works for another chart on a different dashboard (both are configured in nearly the same way).

0 Karma

Jostein
Engager

Having the same issue in Splunk 6.3.1. Two panels with similar settings, one changes the overlay Y2 axis title right after the results appear. Setting it to hidden makes it appear again with the Y1 axis title instead.

0 Karma

blhuynh
Explorer

What are the differences that you have between the different dashboards? Are there additional options that you have specified that perhaps are conditional to charting.axisY2.text working?

0 Karma

helge
Builder

I now have 2 charts right next to each other on one dashboard. Both charts configured identically. One has this problem, the other doesn't. As the OP wrote, the correct Y2 text shows up while the chart is drawn, only to be overwritten by the Y text a second later.
The problem might be related to the number of events (just a guess).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...