Splunk Search

Why am I getting search error "In handler 'savedsearch': Cannot get username when all users are selected."?

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

Is anyone else getting this error when performing a search? If so, can anyone help with a solution. Thank you

In handler 'savedsearch': Cannot get username when all users are selected.

sbbadri
Motivator

I have also faced this issue while back. After long struggle, figured out the issue is with F5 VIP settings.

please check "session_cookie_insert' as the default persistence profile". Once we updated this setting above mentioned issue is gone.

I hope this helps you.

cdoebert
Path Finder

I'm still seeing this as of Splunk 6.5.

0 Karma

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

Jeremiah
Motivator

That thread mentions that the problem is resolved in 6.3.2, which we are running, but we're still seeing that error come up. There were other users in the thread that said the same. Is there a confirmation that it is now fixed in 6.3.3 or 6.3.4?

0 Karma

mgonter_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are seeing it also. Have you had any traction on this error? Are you using LDAP for authentication or a custom script of some sort?

0 Karma

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

Sorry for the delay, my engineer was able to troubleshoot it and provided the following. Please take a look and compare..
Camilla Clone - Jeff

<input type="dropdown" token="card" searchWhenChanged="true">
  <label>Select a User:</label>
  <search>
    <query>sourcetype="Camilla - All Events" Title="LOCAL ACCESS REPORT"| stats values(CardholderName) as card | mvexpand card</query>
  </search>
  <fieldForLabel>card</fieldForLabel>
  <fieldForValue>card</fieldForValue>
  <choice value="*">All</choice>
  <default>*</default>
  <valueprefix>"CardholderName=</valueprefix>
  <valuesuffix>"</valuesuffix>
</input>

<panel>
  <title>$card$</title>
  <table>
    <search>
      <query>sourcetype="Camilla - All Events" $card$ Title="LOCAL ACCESS REPORT"| table Title, Event, Date_Event, Access, Access_Point, Security_Area, CardholderName, Access_Point_Description</query>
      <earliest></earliest>
      <latest></latest>
    </search>
  </table>
</panel>

`

0 Karma

awurster
Contributor

@mgonter_splunk - any updates on this? i am using LDAP auth in a Search Head cluster.

0 Karma

awurster
Contributor

actually to clarify, i was also seeing messages as found here in this question. this answer helped me (was actually a loadbalancing issue).

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/205904/search-head-cluster-error-usermanagerpro-failed-to.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...