Splunk Search

Why am I getting error "libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" trying to implement a custom search command in Python?

joseph_caraccio
Engager

Trying to implement custom search commands on Python and just have been crazy frustrated with the amount of issues I have run into when trying to do so.

My system only has python 2.6 so I had to use Splunk's bundled one.
Here is the command I am running:
"/apps/splunk/bin/python generatehello.py EXECUTE count=5 < /dev/null"

And in return I get

ImportError: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea of what I should do to fix this? Normally I would just google but it seems like noone has really ever had this problem..

Here is the full error message:

alt text

bishtk
Communicator

Try setting the Lib file path
By default the script is taking /usr/lib path.
Check if that lib file is installed under /usr/lib or /opt/splunk/lib/ or any other path?
Either the lib file needs to be installed under default path /usr/lib or the LIB path needs to be set as below
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
NOTE: This will change lib path temporarily but in order to change it for permanent you need to add the line under .bashrc file of user with which the pythin script will get executed.
Hope this helps.

muralimadhavan
Explorer

Thanks it worked for me!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...