Splunk Search

Why am I getting duplicate markers on a map using geostats with binspanlat and binspanlong?

slr
Communicator

Hello there.

I'm building a map with "bubble" markers. These markers have one color depending on their value ( https://answers.splunk.com/answers/221348/geostats-display-bubbles-on-map-instead-of-pie-cha.html ). Until this point, all ok. Now, I want to show at zoom level 14 (openstreetmaps) all possible markers (30), and for this I need to play with binspanlong and binspanlat.

My problem? When I use these options, geostats duplicates some markers (some of them in differents locations), showing me bad info in the map. After a lot of attempts, I can't get a good result.

Someone has a clue?

0 Karma
1 Solution

slr
Communicator

Ok, I know why (someone correct me If I wrong): with the binspanlat and binspanlong I overlay several zoom layers.

I get the result that I expected using the <option name="mapping.data.maxClusters"> and I set it to 1000000, without binspanlat and binspanlong

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dhirendra761
Contributor

This app will be helpful:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3124/

0 Karma

slr
Communicator

Ok, I know why (someone correct me If I wrong): with the binspanlat and binspanlong I overlay several zoom layers.

I get the result that I expected using the <option name="mapping.data.maxClusters"> and I set it to 1000000, without binspanlat and binspanlong

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...