Splunk Search

Who is BOSBURN?

wbfoxii
Communicator

I'm getting this error message twice every 30 sec.
12-19-2011 12:15:27.539 -0500 ERROR AuthenticationManagerLDAP - Could not find user: bosburn

I can't figure out where I introduced this user. Our IDs do not use the name format. Did this come in from some app that I installed?

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

BOSBURN is the author of the app. There's apparently still some references in the app to his login ID on his own Splunk install.

You can fix this by editing $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SEP_Reporting/default/local.meta and replace all instances of owner = bosburn with owner = admin.

And I'm sure someone will nag Brian to fix this and post a new version of the app.

Brian_Osburn
Builder

DOH! How embarrassing. Almost like discovering that your fly was open all day.

I've uploaded a new version of the application, removing references to my username. Also, my company currently runs SEP 11, which I know isn't the latest version.

wbfoxii
Communicator

Found my answer. It comes from Symantec Endpoint Protection Reporting. The app doesn't really work right anyway. I'm removing it.

Verified that the message is no longer appearing in /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...