Splunk Search

Whitelist a lookup for bundle replication

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

I blacklist lookups from bundle replication by size in distsearch.conf as below

[replicationSettings]
excludeReplicatedLookupSize = 2

I now have a requirement to bypass the above condition for a specific lookup that is greater than 2 MB.
Is there a way I can craft the white list to take precedence just for the lookup that I need?
The reason I need this as part of the bundle is because I use this lookup as an auto lookup and is growing in size.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you put the lookup in an app and deploy it to your search heads and indexers?

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Hi @jkat54 the lookup is auto generated on a daily basis from a search and new records are added every day. Having to push the app to search heads and indexer will be a manual process every day.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @gpradeepkumarreddy,

not a response that you asking, but a suggestion anyway:

• is switching to KVstore instead of static lookup an option?

Please consider KV-Store vs CSV lookup:
https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/kvstore/#The-KV-Store-vs-CSV-files

https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/kvstore/migrateyourappfromusingcsv/

• another options is to use gziped CSV files.
0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Hi @PavelP can you provide any pointers for using gziped csv files?

0 Karma

kmugglet
Communicator

if you append .gz to the csv file name, it will automatically compress/decompress the resulting lookup file.

e.g. | outputlookup lookup.csv
becomes
| outputlookup lookup.csv.gz

Can save a lot of space.

Obviously there are caveats.
You cannot append to a compressed lookup

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Good to know. In my case the lookup gets appended every day with new records. So I guess not an option for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...