Splunk Search

What privileges are needed to use tstats summariesonly=t?

reed_kelly
Contributor

We have accelerations turned on and at 100% for a number of our datamodels. I like the speed obtained by using |tstats summariesonly=t. If I remove the summariesonly=t, then the results are the exactly the same, but the search takes 10 times longer.

I would like other users to benefit from the speed boost, but they don't see any results unless I put them in the Admin group. Is there another privilege that I need to grant them to make summariesonly=t work? They already have read access to the datamodel and root object.

1 Solution

reed_kelly
Contributor

I found a work-around by adding allow_old_summaries=t. I'm just confused as to why summariesonly=t only works without Admin by adding allow_old_summaries=t.

View solution in original post

reed_kelly
Contributor

I found a work-around by adding allow_old_summaries=t. I'm just confused as to why summariesonly=t only works without Admin by adding allow_old_summaries=t.

pappjrcaa

Confirmed the same requirement in my environment - docs don't shed any light on it. Hoping to hear an answer from Splunk on this.

0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

Yup, found another one here. Running Splunk 6.3.5 with ES. What I found is that I have the Admin role, but it works from some apps (like the main ES app, and some of the related ES apps, but not from Search or other custom apps.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...