Splunk Search

What is the best way to get regex sed to remove any words with numbers?

subtrakt
Contributor

Trying to get ideas on the best efficient/simple rex mode=sed to replace any words with a number(s).

Examples of what should be replaced:

0909asdf009
asdf9090-333234aaf
asdf009sdd
3039aaa:
aa33--33aa-3039:

This is nice and compact but doesn't seem to work the way I thought it would as i'm still getting fragments of the word in my results.

s/[\w\W?]+[0-9]/ /g

UPDATE:
Think this is closer but curious to see what others say:
([A-Za-z0-9-.,:_]+)[0-9]+

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

elliotproebstel
Champion

How about this regex: (\S*[0-9]+)+\S* ? If it doesn't work, you can post some counterexamples, and I'll refine. It works with all examples above.

View solution in original post

elliotproebstel
Champion

How about this regex: (\S*[0-9]+)+\S* ? If it doesn't work, you can post some counterexamples, and I'll refine. It works with all examples above.

subtrakt
Contributor

Thanks Elliot. That works. Looks like this also works \S*\d+\S*.

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Ah, true! Good simplification 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...