Splunk Search

What are some of the recommended steps for general daily optimization/maintenance on splunk?

quahfamili
Path Finder

Hi all,

I had been using splunk for a period of time. However, I notice that the performance started to degrade as more indexes are added.

Do anyone have any recommended script or steps that i can do daily to improved performance.

I had search through this forum, there are many recommendation but mostly are specific to an issue. I am asking for some sort of general maintenance for splunk.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @quahfamili ,
You might not find a single click solution to optimize the entire infrastructure because the performance issues might be of different reasons. If the increase in indexes is the main reason of performance degradation, you should re-look at the resource capacity. In a more general way,

Once you could identify the area of improvement and if it's recurring, you could automate

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @quahfamili ,
You might not find a single click solution to optimize the entire infrastructure because the performance issues might be of different reasons. If the increase in indexes is the main reason of performance degradation, you should re-look at the resource capacity. In a more general way,

Once you could identify the area of improvement and if it's recurring, you could automate

Happy Splunking!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...