Splunk Search

Warning/Error Banner messages

rmorlen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would like to suppress all messages in the search app. It would be nice to be able to suppress then by role so that Admins see the messages but Users don't.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Currently we are using Splunk 4.2.5.

Tags (2)

vsingla1
Communicator

It will be a great feature if this can be setup by role basis. Non-admin users do not need to see all those errors. It only creates unnecessary email chain and that too a big one. 🙂

0 Karma

baerts
Path Finder

Is there anything new in 6.2.2 on how to control these messages in a better way?
I noticed somewhere in a script under templates/lib.html a reference to a variable DISABLE_MESSENGER but no reference as how to use this.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

AFAIK, there is no way to do this by role. You can, however, edit the views in the search app so that no one gets the messages. You can also filter the messages so that not all messages appear; this might be some improvement, even if it isn't perfect.

Look at the Messaging Module reference for more info.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, it should be in 5-6 files (or more)! The flashtimeline view is the familiar search view that shows search results, the search bar, etc etc.

0 Karma

rmorlen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I looked at that information but couldn't figure out where in the search app views the banner is displayed. I see the Message module referenced in about 5-6 files.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...