Splunk Search

Want a table with two different inputs with different product

Manasi25
Explorer

Hi

I have field values - A, B, C, D, E, F,G,H,I,J for one of applications. I need output as below.

Product  Alert by Team1                            Alert by Team2

AA           Count(A, B,C,E,F,G,H,I,J)             Count(D)

Same as different multiple products with different field values. Like --

Product  Alert by Team1                            Alert by Team2

AA           Count(A, B,C,E,F,G,H,I,J)             Count(D)

BB           Count(MM ,AD,FG,TH,KL)           Count(BB)

please help me on this query.

Note - I have same field name for all field values.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Manasi25,

your need isn't so clear, also because it isn't clear if you want one alert or more alerts and whaytyou want to display when fired.

Anyway, my hint is to create an alert for each value or group values, depending onwhat you want to disply, in other words, run a search like this:

e.g. find the total count of events where your_field has value=A, B,C,E,F,G,H,I,J for each AA product and fire an alert when this count is greater than a threeshold (e.g. 10):ù

your_search (your_field=A OR your_field=B OR your_field=C OR your_field=E OR your_field=F OR your_field=G OR your_field=H OR your_field=I OR your_field=J)
| stats values(your_field) AS your_field count BY Product
| where count>10

with the same logic, you can creat an alert for the other conditions (e.g. count(D)):

your_search (your_field=D)
| stats values(your_field) AS your_field count BY Product
| where count>10

This solution permits also to send the alert message to the Team that needs it.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Manasi25
Explorer

Thanks ! But i want both result in one table.

i have my query with me. please review below.

index= source1234 

routingKey=routingTOC_PTS OR routingKey=routingPTS_SCTEAM OR routingKey=routingKeyPTS_ASP OR routingKey=routingKeyPTS_TOC_INFO OR routingKey=routingKeyPTS_NOC OR routingKey= routingKeyGMI_IT  OR routingKey=routingdefault OR routingKey=routingPTS_DBA_RIMS OR routingKey=routingptssdba OR routingKey=routingRIMS_APP_TEST| top limit=50 routingKey

| stats sum(count) as count, avg(percent) as percent

| eval routingKey = "PTS"
| dedup incidentNumber

| append [ search routingKey=routingDA OR routingOra_DBA_IO OR routingKey=routingEngine OR routingKey=routingSE OR routingKey=routingTOC OR routingwaiting_room | top limit=50 routingKey

| stats sum(count) as count, avg(percent) as percent

|eval routingKey = "IA" ]

|  addcoltotals labelfield=routingKey label=Total

| table routingKey, count, percent

Output of my query --

Product            Count       Percent

PTS                   count(all routing of PTS)

IA                        count(all routing of IA

So now, which i have highlighted that count i need in separate column and others in separate one  in one result, Output should be like --

Product             Count of TOC                               Count of others

PTS                    Count(routingTOC_PTS)             Count (others routingKey)

IA                         Count(routingKey=routingTOC)    Count(others routingKey)

Hope this understands my question.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Manasi25,

i see an error in your search:

after the first stats command you cannot use "| dedup incidentNumber" because you haven't still this field.

After stats command you have only the fields in stats, in your case: count and percent.

Try to add "values(incidentNumber) AS incidentNumber" to your stats command and see if your have the waiting results.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Manasi25
Explorer

@gcusello - any update?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...