Splunk Search

Visualizations: Why is there a dot in my time chart graph?

everynameIwanti
Explorer

Just want to ask why sometimes there is a dot in my time chart graph? and how to erase that? The dot looks like picture attached.

alt text

0 Karma

bibinksebastian
Explorer

I have similar issue and it is even worse

https://imgur.com/a/GHyXgU4

Any Idea how to fix this ?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@everynameIwantistaken seems like a bug to me.

1) Dot may come when Series Gaps are not connected and i.e. Null and there is only one occurrence of the series value in the chart. However, in your case this is ruled out because Series seems to be connected and values are already present.
2) On a series showMarkers can be turned on to make series better identifiable at various data points on the chart. However, this is ruled out because in the entire series it is happening at only one point.

I am interested in knowing what query you are running. However, you may want to reach out to the Splunk Support team as well if this issue is happening on a regular basis. I am hoping you are on Splunk 7+ version.

everynameIwanti
Explorer

yes, Im on splunk 7.1.2. and is a query that sum up the bytes for the past hour and the same hour from last week, and graph them to show the differences

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...