Splunk Search

Using mvappend within a cidrmatch macro

CarbonCriterium
Path Finder

I already have the following macro  `subnet(3)`  defined as the following:

| eval subnet = case(cidrmatch("$ip1$/24",src_ip), "$output_name$", cidrmatch("$ip2$",src_ip), "$output_name$")

If I call the macro multiple in the same search the value of the field it creates (also called subnet) will be overwritten by the latest values.   I would like to edit the macro so that calling it multiple times appends a new value to subnet.  How could I use mvappend, or another command, to accomplish this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

CarbonCriterium
Path Finder

Never mind.  Figuring it out just required taking a step back and reading the docs again.

| eval subnet = mvappend(case(cidrmatch("$ip1$/24",src_ip), "$output_name$", cidrmatch("$ip2$",src_ip), "$output_name$"),subnet)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

CarbonCriterium
Path Finder

Never mind.  Figuring it out just required taking a step back and reading the docs again.

| eval subnet = mvappend(case(cidrmatch("$ip1$/24",src_ip), "$output_name$", cidrmatch("$ip2$",src_ip), "$output_name$"),subnet)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...