Splunk Search

Using CIDRMatch with a lookup of range IP

aymane96
Engager

Hello community,

I have a query returning result with an IP address value (src_ip).

I used to add a line to match some Range IP : 

| where cidrmatch("Range IP", src_ip)

Now I have many other range IP to add. Instead of adding many lines, I created a CSV lookup with all these ranges.

range_ip    |  comment 
-----------------------
10.0.0.0/8 | range1
11.0.0.0/8 | range2
12.0.0.0/8 | range3

Do you have any idea how can I filter my result using CIDRMATCH function and based on range_ip column of my lookup CSV. 

Something like :

| where cidrmatch( range_ip IN lookup.csv, src_ip)

Thanks 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

starcher
Influencer

You cannot use the CIDRMATCH feature of lookups without properly defining the lookup. Doing it as a CSV will not work. You need to setup the transforms name and associated feature like CIDR match type. Then use the lookup AS a lookup not a list.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Knowledge/Addfieldmatchingrulestoyourlookupconfig...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

You cannot use the CIDRMATCH feature of lookups without properly defining the lookup. Doing it as a CSV will not work. You need to setup the transforms name and associated feature like CIDR match type. Then use the lookup AS a lookup not a list.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Knowledge/Addfieldmatchingrulestoyourlookupconfig...

0 Karma

aymane96
Engager

Hello @starcher 

Thank you so much, it works like a charm.

I used the lookup definition based on my CSV and specified the matchtype as CIDR.

Many thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...